Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring

As I look at the weather forecast for this weekend I can't help but get excited.   My "to-do" list gets longer and longer when I see that temperatures will be reaching 60 degrees and showers are expected Sunday evening.

Besides committing to going to art show openings Friday and Saturday night, I've also told Mary Ann that I would make brownies, petite palmier, and ginger cookies for a work function on Tuesday.   But the thing I am looking forward to most is planting strawberries and grass.  Our yard has taken a beating this past year.  The drought, a wet winter, and big active dogs does not equal a manicured back yard.  I plan on fencing off 1/4 of the yard and trying to get grass growing again.  Strawberries are a new crop for me.  I always try to plant a couple of different items a year and see how well they do.  I am picking up 12 plants Saturday at City Folks Farm Shop.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I will try to take some pictures and share later.

No comments:

Post a Comment