Sunday, September 9, 2012

Foodie on a Diet

Sorry I haven't kept up with regular posting lately.  About a month ago I talked Mary Ann into going on a diet.  I was motivated by looking at photos of past vacations and noticing how I enjoyed looking at myself much more when I looked healthier.  In November we are planning a road trip to the southwest and with a new camera and Mary Ann's new Instagram obsession I felt the need for a 3 month slim down.

We chose Weight Watchers.  I believe I have a good awareness of what foods are good and what foods to avoid.  However, I felt with a little guidance,  and a monetary commitment, we would have more success. We have done well so far, but it hasn't been easy.  As most of you know, I love food. It's been a challenge finding recipes that satisfy my cravings and restaurants that don't blow an entire days points in one side dish.

I've been grateful for the change in weather.  The garden is having a rebirth.  Our squash is starting to bloom and the okra is still giving us a few pieces a week.  The tomatoes are looking better than ever.











No comments:

Post a Comment