Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wild or Tame

Last week my post talked about being in Tennessee packing up my grandmother's kitchen.  One of the benefits of visiting East Tennessee this time of year is that it is blackberry season.  When I decided that I was going to make the trip I asked Mom and Dad if there would be any blackberries available.  Dad replied, "would you like wild or tame?"  If you've ever had wild blackberries you know that there is no comparison.  This is what the bears in the Smokies have been living on for years.  And bears don't lie.  So Dad greeted me with 4 qts. of wild blackberries in the fridge.  I rinsed them and put them in the freezer so they were ready for me when I got home. This weekend I made two batches of blackberry jam.  If you've never smelled blackberry jam cooking, you don't know what you are missing.  It is heaven!












No comments:

Post a Comment