Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Backyard Additions

This past Sunday was a great day to work in the backyard.  Mary Ann and I have been discussing adding two more container gardens for quite some time.  About a month ago I got wood to build them, but hadn't made much progress beyond that.  So Sunday morning I got up early and decided that it was the day.  I coaxed Maple into running upstairs and waking up Mary Ann, although it doesn't take much coaxing.  Maple loooooooves her so much.  After a little coffee Mary Ann was ready to help.  After the containers were put in place we made a trip for dirt and planted some broccoli and brussel sprouts.  These are Mary Ann's favorites so I thought since she helped these should be the first planted.  So far Maple has only pulled one of the plants out and chewed on it.  In fact, as I am writing this now all I can think about is the fact that she is outside unsupervised and I haven't checked on her lately. Wyatt gave up on supervising her a long time ago. I better run...



Mary Ann trying to explain to Maple why we are taking up more of her yard.



4'x4' in the most shaded part of the yard.



4'x6'






Mary Ann's favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment