Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Cookies

Instead of partaking in Black Friday or Small Business Saturday, Mary Ann and I decided to create our own event.  We called it Black Small Business Friday.  We went to some great places in the Short North and downtown on Gay St.  But my favorite place was our first stop in the German Village.  I recently read another blog about the Bierberg Bakery and knew I had to visit soon.



  It is only open October-December and makes about 25 different German cookies. I also saw some fruit cake and stollen.  The room is dark with a few Christmas knick knacks and has two tables filled with tins brimming with cookies.  The lady we spoke with has a thick German accent and described any cookie we asked about and even let us sample a few.  The cookies are $16 a pound and so far are well worth it.



I wish I could tell you the names of them, but I have no idea.  Most of them contain nuts with a lot containing almonds.  There are also quite a few with raspberry jam.  I am already trying to think of more excuses to go back!  If you go, be mindful that they only take cash and checks and are closed on Sundays.

Bierberg Bakery
729 S. 5th St.
M-F  9-5
Sat. 9-3
443-9959

No comments:

Post a Comment